there are really only a few things that i`ve found interesting this past month:
1) the weather : snowy one day, balmy the next, weather in toronto has been very messed up lately, & i actually kind of like it. right now, we`re looking at temperatures of between -5 & 5 degrees(celsius), & while most people are aching for it to be summertime already, i don`t hate these temperatures too much. my ideal temperature falls between 15-18, but when it`s this early into spring, i`m okay with what we`ve got. with spring right around the corner, there are definitely some good things coming up...
2) school : i say i find school interesting, mainly because i only have two classes this semester & because school is almost over. with the majority of major projects and essays behind me, i`m safe to say that i`m on cruise-mode until exams [which are in two or three weeks...really, i can`t be bothered to remember these kinds of details!]. i will note, however, that with the end of school comes the need for a job. hm.
3) spring wardrobes : this is QUITE quintessential for me to note, especially as this is a fashion/style-related blog. i find that every time i walk by forever21 [which is basically everyday], i get itchy with excitement looking at the way the mannequins are dressed. with spring coming up, everything is just SCREAMING for a thrifting/shopping trip, & i can`t wait till i have some money...
4) blogging : this is quite self-explanatory. i`ve always been a writer [it was actual what i wanted to do for a living, but my parents didn`t think it was credible enough. then i wanted to do acting, but then they said no, &
then i wanted to...], & i`ve had a livejournal account for a very long time, ever since grade ten. on the whole, blogging is kind of my passion. & lately, with this blog just starting up, i`ve been very occupied with reading & writing blogs.
5) eating : food has always held this very special place in my heart, & with all of the SOS girls starting 'diets' [not so much the 'cut-everything-out-eat-only-air' kind], i`ve been more interested in food than before. i find that if i try to cut food, i get hungrier than ever. so now, i`ve adopted my boyfriend`s philosophy to food, while incorporating magazine tips: eat what you want, eat it slowly, stop when you`re full, make sure you`re able to burn it all off. it`s an interesting way to work, but i can do it, i suppose.
6) twenty-five cent machines : of the 'give-you-cool-stuff' ilk, these machines hold a large percentage of my interest. i can`t walk into the dominion on the university campus [hard not to walk in, b/c we always go there to get food. it`s right next to the engineering building, where we always are b/c that`s where steph & everyone else`s science classes take place] without my eyes traveling towards the colourful machines that hold giant amounts of cool little things. the other day, i got a cute ring [that turned my finger green b/c the inside is painted green too...] & the spoon-&-fork charm i was looking to get when i got the aforementioned dog charm, seen in this entry. it rocked. [i`ll upload pictures when i get home, i`m at school writing this post!] :)
7)psychology : considering that i`m switching into the psychology program at my university [meaning i`m starting first-year AGAIN...sigh.], i`m very excited. i really do like psychology, you see. but i`m kind of nervous because i hear a lot of things about psychology students, so we`ll see how it goes. anyway, i`ve been very interested in things like the primetime ABC show 'what would you do?', that puts people into situations where they have to make a choice about something that is crucial. it`s very cool stuff. for example, the last one i watched, they had two actors planted in a cafe. one of them steals the other`s purse & makes a run for it. later on, they ask all the people who were bystanders [the other people sitting in the cafe] to try & identify the thief. it was part of a study of how reliable a bystander`s eyewitness account is. i thought it was cool.
8) music : here at SOS, we`re all big on the music thing. steph, especially, loves music. i have my days where i just randomly will add music onto my ipod [God bless mp3s]. i randomly went & downloaded/bought/got-from-CDs some more music earlier this week, & because i`m big on musicals, i got RENT tracks again [including those that were not in the movie, the ones in the actual broadway version], stuff from disney`s enchanted [LOVE THE MOVIE!], & stuff from the sound of music [watched it again, & fell in love with it again, like i always do when i watch it]. i`m very happy with my music now.
9) the impossible test/quiz/thing. : click here to play. i won`t even need to explain why it`s so freaken interesting to me. :)
i DID forget to add something!
today is my three & a half years with my lovely boyfriend. i love you mark!