Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's not the fall that hurts. It's when you hit the ground.

(are there) Ways to come home? - Sebastien Grainger (myspace) and the mountains
buildings and mountains - The republic tigers (myspace)

I'm not building this year on bricks of disappointment. I'll leave that to the people responsible for making horrible (is there any other kind?) movie remakes, tofu, and the driving audience that keep real housewives of 'insert name of city here' on the air. So I added tofu in there because I've been disappointed many a time by tofu masquerading itself as meat. I also did so because points are made in threes. Now know, this isn't a severe digression in thought. My post has reached a colloid consistency that now allows me to continue - I fulfilled my last years resolution, and it still led to egregious dissatisfaction. Not making a resolution would lead one to the conclusion that I just made a resolution to forgo resolutions, which would leave one in the proverbial 'catch 22'. But like Bourne, I thought of that. This is the story of how I stole New years.

On the precipice of January 1st, 2010- I resolved to never use lyrics from a song to title my posts, work on my grammatical styling, and to cut down on the swearing. On January the 5th, I declared in a voice of great conviction: Fuck it. I'll keep to lacing my paragraph's with questionably placed commas, like how I'll keep lacing your brownies with dank love. The end.

And that boys and girls, is how it's done.

Simply.Steph
Reviving the art of story telling since 1969.


No comments:

 
Style Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory